Town Twinnings have existed between Jersey parishes and French towns for decades:
- Trinity – Agon-Coutainville, Normandy
- Saint-Helier – Avranches, Normandy
- Saint Lawrence – Barneville-Carteret, Normandy
- Saint Ouen – Coutances, Normandy
- Saint Brelade – Granville, Normandy
- Saint John – Le Teilleul, Normandy
- Grouville – Port Bail, Normandy
- Saint Martin – Montmartin, Normandy
- Saint Saviour – Villedieu-les-Poêles, Normandy
- Saint Peter – Saint-Hilaire-du-Harcouët, Normandy
- Saint Clement – Cancale, Brittany
The twinnings allowed the creation of the “inter-twinning games”, taking place every two years. Alternating between Normandy and Jersey, the tournament allows 8 teams composed of a Jersey parish and its Norman twin town to compete in a series of games.
This is a friendly competition and a social event which has been taking place for decades
More information is available here.